Saturday 30 November 2013

Liminality



I find myself in a transition phase as this year is nearly over with lots of things that I've done and a new year to come with more things to do and conquer. A perfect explanation for this phase (that I continue talking about) is the concept of liminality.

It is an "intermediate state of being "in between" in which individuals are striped from their usual identity and their constituting social differences while being on the verge of personal or social transformation." Reference.

I find that this concept itself would be a great exploration in terms of a photographic series, possibly in black and white film as artists themselves are viewed as 'edgemen'.

And for some inspiration, here some infrared portraits by Nir Arieli.






No comments:

Post a Comment