Monday 25 February 2013

Conceptual Photography

Firstly, I'm going to showcase a couple of images that caught my eye:


By Alex Stoddard
By David Talley
By David Talley

By Geof Kern



...all of them... except possibly the last one are taken in nature... and most of them have the "fish" element featured in some or other way. These inspirations with their elements brought me onto my own mental path wanting to explore human personification of animals that are in danger...

I think if we as humans would be more careful how we treat or consume animals, or even having to put ourselves into their position, certain views would become clearer.

I am seeing humans caught underwater in a fishing net (with the fishing boat above) with no way out... possibly with forks and knives in their hands (unsuccessfully trying to use these tools to escape/ cut the ropes)... and a man closest to the lens in a suit holding the net like prison bars while looking into the camera, the camera being surrounded by other schools of fish so that the image looks like it was taken out of the perspective of a marine animal.

I think this can go somewhere... but I will need time to rethink and re-approach this concept, and possibly conceptual photography as a whole to make it mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment