Saturday 23 March 2013

Afraid

In an earlier post, the one about the alternative processes, I was searching for a suitable topic or rather subject to photograph of which I would use the negative to print a cyanotype toned with strong tea. 
And I found it. Five solid and clean portraits showing people who just got a fright the moment the shutter triggered. It's a little tricky to execute, I thought of trowing the people with a ball. We will see. 

Not quite what I had in mind but still a very inspirational image.

Imagine the same style of photograph, contrast and lighting wise just with a different expression. 

To pull this into context, the metal pathway (very simplified) I walked to get to this idea was the following:

alternative processes - alternative people - portraits - blue - feeling blue - sadness - connecting images together as one - one emotion - creating one image consisting of different photographs - too complex - keep it plain - strong - clean - center shot - white background - portrait  and so forth...and then I realised while I just typed the last word (which was the word word) that I am still trying to develop concepts better for a complete picture. some things are missing still... but these sparks of light that you see when you close your eyes or stood up to quickly, equate them to little thoughts and ideas that submerge you in awesome creativeness and inspiration...will find me soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment