Monday 18 March 2013

When is time-over?

The question, what is time? can not be answered (I forgot, yes, the scientific world can of course...)... because everyone has a different answer... and anyone can disagree with the concept or understanding someone else has... but I think the one thing everyone agrees with is the feeling of having "lost" time... that feeling of fear and anger, or rather self-hatred or sometimes disappointment and sadness... that piercing stick which hits you in the stomach and folds you up like an umbrella.

I find it comes in many different forms, a few being that inner turmoil, namely purely forgetting things and having that "ohh sh.." moment but also realising after having done something that it was done wrong... or it did not work out the way you wanted it to. But why do we feel emotions leaning towards the not so positive side when noticing the loss of time? We should be happy for having at least done something with our time (for example being a living being in it)... some would say.

These thoughts, even though just incomplete little notions of firing neurons led me to a concept I would like to approach in photography, namely the combination of "negative" circumstances with "positive" emotions. It would be based on the same principles as body language... or rather how much you play with that phenomenon. What I mean is that if your verbal expressions don't coincide with your bodily gestures the person you are speaking to might feel a little confused about what you are talking about as we obviously consider both when interpreting communications. This concept is a very easy and basic idea of something that has to grow into something meaningful, and yes, again I refer to the development within my own thoughts, as always, but I guess today I just use it as an escape or rather excuse... as I find myself not inspired. But, I remind myself of the purpose of this blog, of using this platform as a guide to overcome these situations, and with time and effort they will return.

And as a little extra... this yummy liquid might help?!*
*Please understand that I don't encourage anyone to consume wine, including the one depicted below as it is an alcoholic beverage which can be harmful so some people.


No comments:

Post a Comment